When it comes to e-commerce portals, 1st thing which clicks to our minds is “Online Shopping” & so it is in today’s time. E-commerce has been a bit of a buzz word for the last couple of years now. Trading on the Internet is a hugely complex business and extremely simple at the same time with many aspects to consider when designing a successful ecommerce site. The e-commerce websites are planned with different stages and so when created they stay raw until they are surfed for a while and the developer checks for the client feedback. It should completely coincide with the business model and should have no rest because with almost everything changing in this world drastically, the webpages needs to be updated on every second, every minute… so on & so forth basis. Basically, it is a complex methodology to apply.
The major threats before even penning down a dot for e-commerce websites:
a) If the concept already exists? – Web Analysis should be used.
b) Even if we are targeting the same concept for different region, do we have the scope? – Market Analysis tools is should be used.
c) What you are launching has the demand or not? Is your target audience a particular age group, demographic or generic? – Market Analytics & Surveys should be taken into account.
The reason why the above three things are called threats, rather than stages, is the daily changing world. We all know the story of the biggest Social Media Website “Facebook”, thanks to The Movie – The Social Network. Similarly, every idea is important and even more significant is the implementation and extremely critical is to market and keep a check so as no one hinders the growth.
The essential stages of e-commerce website are:
1) Thought – Think upon 100 times
2) Brainstorming – Calculate possibilities over & over again
3) Identifying Audience – Strictly “No” mistakes at this stage
4) Pen the Layout – User-Friendly Interface
5) Market Research – Risk Management
6) Web Analytic’s – Calculate the successful & unsuccessful models till date
7) Content Development – Significant, precise and smart
8) Marketing – Focus on it to the core & spend a lot on it for the start
9) Branding & Merchandising – Good strategy to sustain in a thickly competitive market
It is a viz-a-viz process of and each stage has its own complications. Every stage needs to be given equal attention. Apart from the essentials there are some more things which need to be taken into a fair account. They are:
Research & Strategy:
Key factors here are: Customer Interview, Understanding of the target Audience, Competitive Analysis, SEO Keywords Search, Managing Objectives & Client Experience
Key factors here are: Prioritization of target audience & creating persona’s, Functional Requirements, Content Requirements, Technical Requirements, SEO Requirements, User-friendly interface, Creative Brief
Key factors here are: Navigation Tree, Schematic Diagrams, Labeling Architecture, Detailed functional design, User Experience guidelines, Pricing strategies.
By keeping these e-Commerce essentials in mind when drafting the new e-commerce site, a strategic approach can always give the best results no matter what expectations you have today. In the computer savvy world of today, everything of this sort gets the market by Social Media and if the offerings made are good enough, it catches fire. In the end, following a well-rounded e-Commerce site development plan will ensure your new online business keeps customers (and search engines) coming back while opening the door for more expansive growth in the future as the e-tailer landscape continues to evolve.
Not only once built its over and you don’t need to see it for a while or like that but there is a constant process or should I say the e-commerce cycle which needs to be followed to keep in line with the market & to stay the least affected by the competition. On the left hand side, given, is the e-commerce web-cycle, each of the stages in this cycle are significant but the two most crucial ones which needs to be up-to-date are the Usability & Security.
There is a special feature of e-commerce portals, “PAYMENTS”. Now, again going to the 1st stage of thought process & coming over to the integration part, payments section is very crucial & it completely depends upon the kind of portal which is about to be launched and what does it demand to sustain. Like, if it is a online retail store, it will demand all types of payments, such as “payment by Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, Cash on Delivery etc. It should be as user friendly as possible because after one, chooses what to buy, no one has a habit of wasting more than required time. But on the other hand if it is just one thing, such as “book store” or “gemstones”, which fall into different pricing analysis may require different kinds of payment types.
We also have some live examples of such websites which have gained immense popularity and profits in a very short span of time. To name one of two would be rude but I am sure we all know them very well. Always follow a process/procedure. Shooting in the air would have 1% of the chance of getting a hit. Planning a shoot, has 99% of chance of the hit.
Always remember: “CONNECTING WITH YOUR AUDIENCE IS THE KEY FOR E-COM WEBSITES”
So, give them all reasons to trust you, to befriend with you, love you, accept you.