Social Media, one of the rapidly growing industry is based on a business module of publication. As soon as we hear social media, we picture key websites such as twitter, facebook, google+ etc. In today’s date, each one of us is having a profile on several social networking website, if not several, stats are for at least 3 per individual. At times we it becomes difficult to manage between them. Here are 5 pointer tips on how you should manage those profiles and since, a “connect” option is available between a few, which ones you should bridge & which ones you shouldn’t & which ones you strictly shouldn’t. 5 tips are as follows:
1. Keep professional profiles separate from your Social profiles:
This is a thin line between professional & social profiles, maintain that. The largest & famous website for professional networking is LinkedIn. If you are having a profile & stay active on LinkedIn, it is strongly recommended that you do not connect it with your facebook or twitter accounts. It creates a different impression & personally speaking, no one wants to know here what did you do in your Social Life on a Professional Network.
2. Watch the content: If you are a content personality who sticks to one subject/thing/topic or are managing your work accounts, then its recommended you connect everything to your social profiles so as to increase hits on your name/brand name.
3. Facebook & Twitter in particular: I don’t understand if you classify these two as similar, let me enlighten you, they are NOT. They are not even near to a same concept. Again, if you are not content, do not connect these platforms to each other. Facebook is your social face & Twitter remains your social activity, they cannot be clubbed for no reason.
4. Blogs & Social Profiles: In the language of Twitter, what you cannot sum on twitter is called your blog. Therefore, if you are an active blogger, attach it to your social profiles only when you feel you are writing some content which can be of public interest & not what you did in your day or last month or last summer.
5. Other Networks & you: The networking websites which don’t sit on the wall of fame of Social Media are critical as well. If you are someone who tends to make a profile on almost all websites, stay active on them or else delete them. Try & search your name in Google search sometimes, if you are content you will see neat results. If not, the results would go haywire. This can affect you if you’re looking for employment or looking for new clients.
So, all in all, there are terms & conditions with every network and you have to classify each one of them smartly enough to create an impression which first click on your name somewhere on the web. Remember, 30 years ago, Government had technology, 20 years ago, conglomerates had it, 10 years ago, consumers had it & now its carried by even 5 year olds.
Classify each network according to your needs/requirements and connect them smartly and you will see sit on good search results which will boost up your personality/brand.