When we talk about a new beginning, an end is sure, even if we don’t talk about it. This is what generally happens, exceptional cases; please do not read any further.
So, whenever there is a new start, people swear to do something & also swear not to do somethings… I remember when I was a kid, whenever I was promoted to a new grade, my parents use to buy me a new school uniform, a new bag, new designer labels, lunch boxes, water bottles, shoes, socks & what not… and I use to swear to my mom that this year I am going to be on Rank 1 & as the year gets regular, bullshit about Rank 1 & the person on Rank 1, lets play!!! And I still managed to pass the exams & get promoted to the next grade but hopelessly, I forget all the resolutions/swears of the earlier year, just hoping that I follow my own resolutions of next grade.
This goes on with every other kid, at least I can sort 7 out of 10, leaving behind the nerds 🙂 Now, when we grow up, gradually, we take up even more responsibilities, more challenges and new resolutions are awaiting us at every turn of life. This is not a conspiracy of life but a way to live it. When we make promises, we keep some, we break some… only mistake is that we don’t try harder…! The word “Resolution” is very near to what a “Promise” is. The only difference is that Resolution is something which is 99% made to self & promise can be made to anybody. And so, on the new year “2012” on approach, I’ll take you through some common & uncommon resolutions for the remaining “2011” & coming “2012”, not necessarily, exactly related to your life but somewhere the chords would rhyme & if you feel so, like the post 🙂
For the rest of 2011, it would be a reminder that you still haven’t lost all the time, if you want to make something of it, start the moment you finish reading this… And for 2012, don’t be as late as you are for 2011, therefore, start planning & make it happen…
1) Did you pay a visit to someone whom you wanted to? (Can be anyone, even God) #2011
2) Did you write an short-term goals in a diary? Where is that? Find & read it & make it happen. #2011
3) Did you save money for your children? Where is that? #2011 #2012
4) Did you buy an insurance policy? #2011 #2012
5) Did someone leave you and has not returned yet? Call him/her… #2011 & if you are unable to make the call, swear NOT to call in #2012
6) Did you leave someone & have not returned to him/her yet? … #2011, resolve it, if not, forget him/her for good #2012
7) Did you borrow or lend any money? #2011, if so give it or at least make a commitment and if lent, get it back or at least ask for it…
8) Were you thought of buying a vehicle? #2011, Financial Crisis? Buy a small one for now & at least try to complete the remaining portion of the work for the big one #2012
9) Did you make any mistake, you regret? #2011, accept and apologize it before entering #2012 & peace would be on it’s way
10) What is your Rank? #2011… Have you made any commitments to your parents? fulfill each word you uttered in these regards #2012
11) Did you learn something new? #2011, share it #2012
12) Make home or Make feel home for the new member #2012
13) No Drinking? No Smoking #2011… What’s the status today? Fix it, #2012
14) Did you store something useful & wished to read about it later? #2011, find it, read it #2012
15) Loved anyone? #2011, did you tell him/her? Do it before you enter #2012
Be it work, be it home, if you have prepared a resolution, work towards it, if you have to prepare a resolution, look back and analyze your own do’s and don’ts, if you feel there is a gap somewhere, do everything you can, to bridge it. And remember the bottom line, resolution once made, cannot be taken back. You may have tried, you just have to try harder and rest will be GRANTED by God!
Its a Good Life, there can be a lot to compliant about but there is twice good as much as bad in this world, so either get busy “living” or get busy “dying”
Wishing you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR to come… *PEACE*